On Monday, June 6, former English Teaching Assistants virtually meet current grantees at a webinar called “Life After Fulbright.” Fulbright alumni will share their next steps after the end of their grant, they will discuss their personal experience with reverse culture shock, and offer advice
Did you know there are 439 EducationUSA Advising Centers around the world?
Consultations and library books at the EducationUSA Advising Center at Czech Fulbright are available ONLY to students who are currently studying in the Czech Republic.
If you are currently located in another country, search for your local EducationUSA Advising Center here.
Online events and our monthly newsletter are open to students located in any country.Newsletter
Our monthly newsletter keeps you updated on our advising center, what to do each month for your application process, American culture, tips for your applications and for your CV.
Check out past newsletters:
- April 2021 – Newsletter Part I, Newsletter Part II
- March 2021 – Newsletter Part I, Newsletter Part II
- February 2021 – Newsletter Part I, Newsletter Part II
- January 2021 – Newsletter Part I, Newsletter Part II
- December 2020 – Newsletter Part I, Newsletter Part II
- November 2020 – Newsletter Part I, Newsletter Part II
- October 2020 – Newsletter Part I, Newsletter Part II
- September 2020 – Newsletter Part I, Newsletter Part II
- August 2020 – Newsletter Part I, Newsletter Part II
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
Our Advising Center is active in organizing a variety of events to reach Czech students around the country. All of our events focus on studying in the US, different types of universities, or parts of the application process. Find out more about where to meet us:
- Advising center events: Each month we organize an event, often in collaboration with Czech and American students or universities. You can attend in our Center or online via webinar. Watch some of our past webinars on our YouTube channel.
- Education fairs: We take part in many annual education fairs each year, for example at Czech universities, Gaudeamus Brno, and with Hodina H in the Vysočina region.
- School visits: We visit secondary schools all around the country in partnership with our Fulbright English Teaching Assistants or by request. Contact us to discuss an EducationUSA visit at your school.
Find out more about our upcoming events through the following:
Come meet with our EducationUSA Student Advisor to discuss your personal application plan. Consultations are available either in-person or via Skype.
Each consultation lasts up to one hour with the possibility to ask about:
- Your application plan
- School selection
- Admissions tests
- Personal essays
- Other aspects of the application process
- Scholarships or other possibilities of financing studies
- Or anything else!
Before you come:
- Watch our informational webinars on YouTube.
- Review our suggested online links and resources.
- Prepare to bring any materials to your appointment (essay drafts, school selection research etc.).
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment on time.
What to expect:
- Our Advisor will ask you about your application plan and background.
- We will discuss different options with you based on our expert advice and knowledge of US higher education and the application process.
- We will provide you with resources to help you continue your application process.
The EducationUSA Advising Center operates a specialized library with information materials on study in the United States. The library also contains resources for preparation for the U.S. standardized admission tests like TOEFL, ACT, SAT, GRE, and GMAT.
All titles currently available in our library can be found in our online catalogue.
- Rental service is free of charge, a CZK 1,000 deposit (per rental) is requested. This deposit will be returned once the rental is returned.
- The standard length of the rental is 3 months. However, extensions can be arranged through phone or e-mail,
- Materials can only be borrowed in person, we cannot mail any items.
- The return of books must also be done in person during library hours detailed above.
- When you borrow a book, the person present will take a deposit from you and write down your personal data so that we can register you in our online database.
- We will lend you the book(s) and issue a deposit confirmation, which includes the return date.
- When you return the book, you must provide this deposit confirmation so that we can refund the deposit.
Jaroměř Sports Day was the final project day of English Teaching Assistants Anna, Maddie, Madison and Saemyi and their mentors. Throughout the school year, the group organized English language immersion days for 500 students and 40 teachers from Gymnázium Jaroměř, Kolín Nursing School, Litomyšl Gardening
On May 20th Czech Fulbright commission organized a farewell reception for current US grantees in a beautiful setting of the Residence of the US Ambassador. Grantees, their hosts, Board members, and guests were welcome by Chargé d’Affaires Mike Dodman and Hana Ripková, Director of the