Leadership Opportunity in Collaboration with the U.S. Embassy in Prague
Dear American students living and studying in the Czech Republic, the U.S. Embassy in Prague, in collaboration with an outside partner, is launching a new leadership organization and wants you to become a part of our brand-new initiative here in the Czech Republic. The American Student Association is seeking dedicated university students who will travel to various Czech universities and meet with administrators, professors, and fellow students. The association will cover your travel, lodging and meals during your journey. The immediate goals of the association are to market the style of student life, organizations, and services found on American campuses to various universities within the Czech Republic. We hope that the Czech universities will adopt some of the American student life experience within their own structures. And the second goal is to meet and advise with fellow Czech students who have an interest in studying in the United States. You would advise them throughout their application process. We will also develop the association into a fully functioning organization here in the Czech Republic and expand the scope of the mission throughout its existence.
You will have the opportunity to interact with Embassy staff and Czech leaders within the world of international higher education on this brand new initiative; enhance your leadership skills through joint training with the U.S. Embassy; paid travel to at least one Czech university/town; meet fellow Czech students throughout the country and compare your experiences; represent American values, especially within our higher educational system.
- Be a US citizen over 18 years old studying at a university here in the Czech Republic
- Willing and available to attend a ASA conference at the American Center on the 18th of October from 15:30-18:00.
- Willing and available to attend a training session to be held no more than two weeks after this conference.
- Willing to travel to a university in the Czech Republic (travel, meals, lodging covered by the Association) at least one time between November 2017 and March 2018.
- Be an active contributor and member of the new American Student Association.
If this leadership opportunity is for you then please register for our conference to be held at the American Center in Prague (Tržiště 13, Praha 1) at this email:
Please address your email to Mr. Matthew Kwasiborski, ASA program director. The deadline to register is October 16th. The conference will be held on the 18th of October from 15:30-18:00.