Společný umělecký projekt deseti českých i amerických absoventů našich programů propojuje vzpomínky na místa a čas svázaný s fulbrightovským pobytem každého z nich. Editorka a kurátorka projektu, Šárka Zahálková vytvořila ve vzájemném dialogu se všemi autory kreativní publikaci, která v sobě zahrnuje příspěvky vizuální, fotografické,
Cybersecurity in US universities
Title: Cyber-security in universities – Study visits to the US.
Fulbright Poland together with Fulbright Commissions based in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic invites you to apply for cybersecurity study visits in the U.S. A visit in a hybrid format, designed for university representatives, will be organized between March and June 2021 (see tentative framework below).
Please note: Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic and limitations it poses on international travel, the time-frame for the visits can be subject to change – updates will be published on Polish Fulbright website and communicated via email to those who apply.
New Deadline – December 20, 2020
Fulbright Commission in the Czech Republic together with Fulbright Commissions based in Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovak Republic invites you to apply for cybersecurity study visits in the U.S.
*Please note: We are closely monitoring the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic and limitations it poses on international travel. In case the international travel limit continues and the health situation does not improve, the timeframe for the visits as well as the deadline for applications will be adjusted as needed. Updates will be published online: https://fulbright.edu.pl/cybersecurity/.
Scholars representing either public or private universities that have cybersecurity programs (or with a program near to open) are eligible to apply.
Recruitment criteria & eligibility:
- Both public and private universities are invited to apply.
- Participants from the following countries are eligible to apply: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Slovak Republic.
- Applicants with English command at a minimum B2 level can apply.
- Universities that plan to establish new, well-designed cybersecurity programs and/or foster the development and strengthening of already existing ones.
- Applicants with strong academic and/or professional background in the field, position allowing actual influence on the cybersecurity program conducted or planned at their institution and a strong motivation to work on that are our priority.
- All else being equal, preference is given to early career scholars.
- To acquaint participants with the scope of cybersecurity studies conducted in the US, the catalogue of specializations and most common course content/curriculum,
- to showcase several examples of successful cybersecurity Ms/ Bs/ certification programs run by distinguished US universities,
- to reflect upon best practices in organizing and running cybersecurity programs,
- to discuss the most current challenges in cybersecurity and studies devoted to the subject,
- to familiarize the group with the latest developments in cybersecurity.
The final program will be tailored to the specific needs of the recruited group.
The program is offered free of charge and with following costs covered by the organizers: insurance, visa costs, flights to/from the U.S. and local travel in the U.S., hotels, meals and incidental expenses while in the U.S.. Participants are required to cover local transportation costs in their own countries if necessary, personal expenses and miscellaneous. The program is conducted entirely in English with no translation provided.
To apply for cybersecurity study visit please fill in the online application form
The deadline for application is on Decemebr 2020 at 23:59 Warsaw time.
The list of successful applicants will be published online.
You can download a PDF version of the application form here to go through the list of questions. Please note:
- the PDF file is for reference only – applications have to be submitted via Jotform.com,
- you are expected to provide us with a list of 3 persons (+contact details) whom we can ask for recommendations,
- you are expected to upload a letter of support from a supervisor at your home university describing plans for opening cybersecurity program, if your university does not have one yet,
- successful applicants will travel to the U.S. on J-1 short-term visas which are subject to specific requirements and restrictions, please see information online.
The program is organized in partnership with two U.S.-based entities: World Learning Inc. and Marymount University and funded by the U.S. Department of State.
Details and updates are also available at: https://fulbright.edu.pl/cybersecurity/
For further information, please send your inquiries to:
Při příležitosti oslavy 30. výročí Fulbrightovy komise v České republice a 75. výročí existence Fulbrightových programů ve světě Vás zveme na interaktivní panelovou online debatu s absolventy programu asistentů ve výuce angličtiny z České republiky, Slovenské republiky, Polska a Německa v pondělí 25. října od
Naše komise se připojuje ke Country Day, sérii akcí pořádaných komisemi po celém světě v rámci oslav 75.výročí vzniku Fulbrightova programu. Vybrali jsme symbolicky 25.říjen, termín blízký svátku vzniku nezávislého Československa. A co jsme nachystali? Šárka Zahálková, autorka, kurátorka a alumna Fulbright-Masarykova programu představí společný