Do 15. února se můžete hlásit do programu Fulbright Specialist na rok 2019. Projekt musí být zahájen nejdříve na začátku května a nejpozději do konce září 2019. Podrobnosti o programu a přihlášku najdete na našem webu S dotazy se obracejte na Kateřinu Kloubovu.
UVA Visiting Research Graduate Traineeship
The Fulbright Commission invites applications from students of biomedical sciences (biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, etc.) interested in a traineeship in the USA, in the academic year 2018/2019 hosted by University of Virginia in Charlotteville, Virginia.
The Visiting Research Graduate Traineeship Program (VRGTP) offers 12-month research traineeships for outstanding, qualified students with recommendations from the Czech universities. The traineeships will be in specific laboratories spanning a broad range of area, such as cancer biology, immunology, structural biology, neurobiology and many others. Specific topics and offers will be made available to those students who successfully complete the first stage of the application, and are selected for in-person interviews.
This program is already well established in Poland, where it has operated for more than 10 years, and graduated well over 200 students. The Czech Fulbright Commission has been now approached by the University of Virginia, to promote and to organize the program for the 2018/2019 academic year in the Czech Republic, along similar lines.
- Opportunity to participate in important and attractive research problems
- Scholarship in the amount of $28, 000 for the costs of living
- Official assistance in obtaining F1 visa to the US (visa fees have to be paid by the student)
- Medical insurance
12 months, starting date: June or July 2018
Students who wish to participate in the program in 2017/2018 must be currently in their Master degree or in the first year of their PhD studies. They will have to retain the status of graduate students at their home institution during the tenure of the program.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written (exam is welcome but not required)
- High academic standing with overall GPA for the BA and MA studies of 1,5 or above is recommended
- Basic laboratory skills in molecular biology and cell biology (specialized techniques will be taught)
- Prior experience in research either in the Czech Republic or abroad
Application (all in English)
Download and fill out all available templates and submit all required documents electronically in pdf.
All documents should be formatted as a single .PDF file, in the order (document name: NameSurname.PDF). In addition to required documents, candidates may attach other documents (up to 5) certifying English proficiency, experience in laboratory work, achievements, publications, etc. It is important that the document is called: NameSurnameSupplement.PDF.
Where possible, use the following templates (CV, personal statement, Institutional consent, contact sheet) please.
- CV (please use the template)
- Transcripts to the diploma (all semesters with a calculated average) and the diploma supplement, overall GPA and GPA for the last two years of studies
- Personal statement (please use the template) indicating areas of research interest with the justification of the choice, and statement regarding work with animals (mice); The choice of particular research area is not binding nor final.
- Two recommendation letters from faculty members in the Czech Republic or abroad, who know the candidate well
- Institutional consent form (please use the template) signed by the Vice-dean for student affairs and by the candidate’s mentor
- Contact/address form (please use the template)
February 5th, 2018 is the deadline for 2018/2019 academic year.
Students selected for interviews in Prague, will be notified of the decision and will receive information about specific topics and laboratories interested in making a place available. Students will be notified in time about the exact time and place of the interview, which most likely will be in mid-March in the office of the Fulbright Commission in Prague. Interview travel costs are covered by the candidate.
The interviews will be conducted by Dr. Zygmunt Derewenda, the Director of the Visiting Student Program at the University of Virginia. Each interview will last app. 30-45 minutes and will aim to establish the best match for the student among the offered places. An additional Skype inteview with the prospective mentor may be necessary. Upon acceptance of the offer by the candidate, University of Virginia will send a package of documentation that will allow the student to apply for the F1 visa at the US Consulate.
Interviews are taking place on March 12th or 13th, 2018 in the premises of the Fulbright Commission.
Contact and Further Information
For further information and application submission please contact Kateřina Kloubová on .
Právě vybíráme 30 středních škol z regionů České republiky, na které od září 2019 umístíme 30 mladých Američanů. Střední školy mohou podat přihlášku do 1. února. Asistenti a asistentky budou v následujícím školním roce spolu pomáhat s výukou anglického jazyka. Po dobu celého školního roku
Do 15. února můžete podávat přihlášky do Fulbright-Proshek programu určeného pro lékaře na University of Minnesota. Více informací najdete po rozkliknutí aktuality zde